Cover Crazy

Monday, April 11, 2011 7:20 AM Posted by Unknown

Have you ever read this book? Atlas Shrugged. I started to read the first paragraph a few years ago and stopped because I felt like it was WAY over my head of intellectual thinking. I got lost a few times. I love this book cover for it though. The girls brain is made to look like a machine and as she looks around her she cries.   And everything in the background looks old and worn. I think I'll try read this book this year. I like that the girl on the cover looks pretty average, like a lot of other girls. Pretty. But her eyes...my they do say something completely different, don't they? If you read this book, let me know what you thought about it. It might motivate me to read it myself. I will say I have motivation enough to read it, my Grandfather gave it to me to read. He didn't say much when he gave it to me. This was after a long discussion on American Government (this is the general topic with him. I like it. I can't really talk to anyones else about it.). And usually when he gives me reading material, it's very good or thought provoking. Leave a comment and tell me what you think. :]

2 Response to "Cover Crazy"

  1. Gina @ My Precious Says:

    Well at first glance, I looked at the muted colors and the "oldness" of the book and thought, I don't like it. But then I read what you wrote, look at it again and its growing on me. It reminds me of the times. I guess your cover is similar to mine this week - I like it because of the feeling of nostalgia it gives off.

    Sounds like a very in depth read. Something you have to be in the proper mood for, but if you do invest in it you will have learned a lot from the time spent reading it.

  2. Unknown Says:

    It is a deep read. Intimidating almost. But I will get to it...I hope...

Post a Comment