Author Inter view~Angela Elwell Hunt

Monday, March 14, 2011 3:00 PM Posted by Unknown
Welcome to Ridiculous Reviews Mrs. Hunt!
Mrs. Hunt is the author of the Heirs of Cahira O'Connor series.

        



Publicity shot 2    

Please tell us a little bit about yourself.

I'm a wife, mother, and the happy owner of 2 200-pound dogs who keep me company.

What inspired you to start writing the series The Heirs of Cahira O’Connor?  


My editor actually suggested the idea--she liked the idea of a female knight.  And from there, I picked up the ball and ran with it.

What is the message you would like every reader to come to at the end of each book of the series?

Each book is different, of course, but the main idea of the series is that God calls each of us to do different things--some do grandiose things, others do ordinary things in extraordinary ways.

In what way do your own spiritual beliefs influence your work?


They are the underpinning of my belief, as they completely color my world view. Sometimes I overtly discuss faith; other times the message is more subtle.

Are any of the characters from The Heirs of Cahrira O’Connor based on people you know or did you just create the characters from scratch?



All of those characters are created "from scratch."


What advice would you give to writers who would like to start writing their first book?




Don't.  Seriously.  Write something smaller first--an article, a short story, a profile piece.  Learn the craft, and you'll save yourself a lot of rewriting later.



Out of all the books you have written, which is your favorite and why?

I honestly don't have a favorite--or sometimes it's the book that has just left my desk.  My books are like children--each is unique, each has its own gifts, and each needs to be judged on its own merits.

How much research was put into each book in the series and did you enjoy it?




Lots of research--and I always enjoy it, and research is the hallmark of all my books, historical or contemporary. I love to learn.

Who are some of your favorite writers and books?






My favorite novel of all time is THE NUN'S STORY, by Katherine Hulme. She's deceased now, but the book impacted me greatly as a young girl and I still love it. 


What do you enjoy most about being a published author?



Um . . . probably teaching, because I love to teach as much as I love to learn.  Being published gives me the credibility to teach.


How do you spend the time that you don’t use for writing?




I use practically all my time for writing, because when I'm not actually writing I'm either reading for writing, thinking about writing, dreaming about writing, or contemplating writing. It really is a 24-hour-a-day job.



Where can readers find out more about you and your books?


 My website is a good starting place:  http://www.angelahuntbooks.com.  Or my iPhone app.




Thank you so much for taking you time and being so informative!
 You're welcome! 


2 Response to "Author Inter view~Angela Elwell Hunt"

  1. Evie Says:

    Very interesting interview, more books to add to my TBR pile!
    I really liked the advice about writing your book. It's not good to start with something big, small steps will get you farther :)

    Thanks for sharing! :)

  2. Unknown Says:

    Every time I read an interview I always say the same thing, "gotta read it now". Hehe. Especially if it was a really good one. Thanks for commenting!

Post a Comment