The Awakening by Kate Chopin





I run away from the thoughts and ideas of feminists. And the fact is this book was written by a woman who was well on her way if not there. The ideas portrayed in this book steer young women away from biblical womanhood, and therefore away from God.

The plot was very well developed. Chopin knew what she was doing when she wrote this book. The main character's husband was abusive and she, as a woman, mother and wife was very under appreciated. And so an affair was developed between the woman and another man. (I won't spoil too much if you still wish to read it yourself).

The characters where very well developed as well. Each with their own distinct personality and many symbolized characteristics of the main character.

Over all if I was rating her on her writing skills I would probably give her 4 stars. But as I am not, I give her 2, for writing out of anger instead of encouragement to other women.

3 Response to "The Awakening by Kate Chopin"

  1. Anonymous Says:

    Your blog looks great.

    Our company has been representing authors for the past twenty years. We would love to add you to our database to receive press releases from them regarding books applicable to the genres you review.

    Thank you in advance,

    Ken Eason
    Bostick Communications
    ops@bostickcommunications.com

  2. Jennifer @ The Book Nympho Says:

    I had to read this book for an American Lit class last year. And I was surprised by how much I liked it.

  3. Unknown Says:

    I'm not surprised it was a required read for American Literature. As a matter of fact, it was a required read for Honors English IV for my senior year. Tell me what you liked about it?

Post a Comment